Col. Jeri D. Torrero is the Vice Commander, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. NASIC is the Air Force’s analysis center for foreign air, space and specialized intelligence and provides a broad range of integrated, tailored assessments, products and services to joint operational forces, national policymakers and the acquisition community. This $2.1 billion center employs nearly 3,500 people and has an annual budget of more than $570 million.
Col. Torrero entered the Air Force in 1999 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Georgia. As a career intelligence officer, she has held positions at the squadron, wing, numbered air force, major command, headquarters air force, and combatant command levels. This included overseeing 2,300 total force Airmen conducting cyberspace ISR and digital network exploitation operations as the deputy commander of the 659th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group and commanding the 15th Intelligence Squadron, the Air Force's sole squadron producing target system analysis in support of thirteen worldwide air operations centers. Her operational deployments include operations Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
Prior to her current assignment, Col. Torrero was the Deputy Director, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations Readiness and Talent Management, responsible for policy, strategy and guidance for global force management of Intelligence personnel and the training and development of intelligence of over 40,000 total force intelligence and cyber Airmen.
1999 Bachelors of Arts, Sociology and Criminal Justice (Cum Laude), University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
1999 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Combat Targeting School, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2001 Air Operations Center Formal Training Unit, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2005 Squadron Officer’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.– Outstanding Contributor
2007 Masters of Arts, Public Administration, University of Oklahoma
2008 Intelligence Master’s Skill Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Masters of Science, Strategic Intelligence, National Defense Intelligence College, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington D.C.
2013 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, JPME II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. July 1999–December 1999, Executive Officer, 71st Air Control Squadron, Moody Air Force Base, Ga.
2. December 1999–September 2000, Student, Intelligence Officer Basic Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. September 2000–February 2003, Target Intelligence Officer and Officer in Charge, Readiness & Exercises, 612th Air Intelligence Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. February 2003–November 2003, Assistant Chief, ISR Operations, 612th Air Intelligence Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. November 2003–September 2006, Executive Officer, Chief, Intelligence Manpower & Readiness, Pacific Air Forces, Directorate of Intelligence, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. September 2006–May 2008, Chief, Target Intelligence, 366th Operation Support Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
7. May 2008–July 2010, Chief, 366th Fighter Wing Intelligence, 366th Operations Group, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
8. July 2010–July 2011, Student, National Defense Intelligence College, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington D.C.
9. July 2011–June 2013, Director of Operations, IADS Analysis Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. July 2013–July 2015, Chief, Cyber Intelligence Branch, European Command, Directorate of Intelligence, US Army Garrison Stuttgart, Germany
11. July 2015–July 2017, Commander, 15th Intelligence Squadron, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
12. July 2017–June 2019, Deputy Commander, 659th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
13. June 2019 – June 2020, Chief, Director's Action Group, Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2020 – July 2021, Deputy Director, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations Readiness and Talent Management, Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2021 – present, Vice Commander, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air and Space Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air and Space Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Iraq Campaign Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June, 7 1999
First Lieutenant June, 7 2001
Captain June 7, 2003
Major March 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 7, 2014
Colonel Sept. 1, 2020
(Current as of March 2023)