Chief Master Sergeant Kimberly J. Pollard is the Command Chief, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As the senior enlisted leader of nearly 4,100 personnel, Chief Pollard advises the commander on all matters related to morale, quality of life, discipline, assignments, training, readiness, professional development, and effective utilization of all personnel. With four groups, four directorates, and 18 squadrons, NASIC is the Air Force's analysis center for foreign air, space, and specialized intelligence. NASIC provides a broad range of tailored, integrated assessments, products, and services to joint operational forces, national policymakers, and the acquisition community.
Chief Pollard enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in January 2000 as a Geospatial Imagery Intelligence Analyst. In 2004, Chief Pollard was trained as a Predator Sensor Operator at Indian Springs Air Force Auxiliary Field and became one of the first 1U0X1 Remotely Piloted Aircraft Sensor Operators when the specialty was created in 2009. Chief Pollard has served at squadron, joint and Headquarters Air Force levels at bases in Texas, Korea, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, and Washington, D.C. She has held positions as a First and Second Phase Imagery Analyst; Imagery Intelligence Collection Manager; MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper Instructor and Evaluator Sensor Operator; Remotely Piloted Aircraft Payloads and Sensors Subject Matter Expert, Air Force Specialty Manager and Assistant Career Field Manager. She has deployed contingency to Balad Air Base, Iraq and in-garrison in support of Operations Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, Freedom’s Sentinel and Jukebox Lotus.
Prior to her current position, Chief Pollard served as the Superintendent of the 324th Training Squadron, 737th Training Group, 37th Training Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
2003 Airman Leadership School, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
2004 Associates Degree, Communications Applications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2010 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2011 Associates Degree, Space Applications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2011 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Phase I, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2012 Professional Management Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2014 Master Resilience Trainer Course, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2014 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2015 Bachelor of Arts, International Relations, American Military University
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2018 Air Force Continuous Process Improvement Green Belt Course, Nellis AFB, N.V.
2018 Air Combat Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation, Langley AFB, Va.
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
1. January 2000 – February 2000, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 2000 – September 2000, Student, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. September 2000 – September 2001, Imagery Analyst, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of South Korea
4. October 2001 – May 2003, Imagery Analyst, PACAF AIS, Hickam AFB, Hawaii (April 2002 – November 2002, First Phase Imagery Analyst, Joint Intelligence Center Central, USCENTCOM, MacDill AFB, Florida)
5. May 2003 – October 2004, IMINT Planner, 26th Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. October 2004 – April 2005, Student, MQ-1B Predator Initial Qualification Course, Indian Springs AFAF, Nev.
7. April 2005 – May 2007, MQ-1B Instructor Sensor Operator, 15th Reconnaissance Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev. (October 2005 – February 2006, MQ-1B Launch and Recovery Sensor Operator, 46th Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron, Balad Air Base, Iraq)
8. June 2007 – January 2009, Flight NCOIC/Evaluator, 11th Reconnaissance Sq, Creech AFB, Nev.
9. January 2009 – June 2012, Flight Chief/Evaluator, 29th Attack Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
10. June 2012 – August 2015, UAS Manager, Deputy Chief of Staff, ISR (HAF/A2), Pentagon, Washington D.C.
11. August 2015 – May 2017, Air Force Specialty Manager/Assistant Career Field Manager, Deputy Chief of Staff, Ops (HAF/A3), Pentagon, Washington, D.C. (November 2016 – April 2017, Student, MQ-9 Reaper Requalification Course, 174 Attack Squadron, Syracuse, N.Y.)
12. May 2017 – July 2019, Superintendent, 42nd Attack Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
13. July 2019 – June 2020, Superintendent, 324th Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
14. June 2020 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
Rating: Senior Enlisted Aircrew
Flight hours: More than 2000 hours
Aircraft flown: MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with eleven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with Bronze Star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
2003 Airman of the Year, 26 AIS, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
2003 Volunteer of the Year, 15 WG, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2004 Air Force Intelligence Airman of the Year, 15 WG, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2009 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 49 OG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2011 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award nominee, 49 OG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2011 Federally Employed Woman of Meritorious Service, 49 WG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2011 Tuskegee Airmen Incorporated National Convention Award, 49 WG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2014 Natl Org for Mexican American Rights Meritorious Award, HAF/A2, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2014 Blacks in Government Service Award, HAF A2, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2014 Distinguished Graduate, USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, HAF A3, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant June 1, 2018
(Current as of June 2020)